Rjm Acquisitions - Sent me a bill for $85

Saint Louis, Missouri 1 comment

I am getting charged for three books for $85. I don't read so why would I buy these books?

Stop sending me bills. It shows up on my credit check also and I didn't buy these books they are saying I did. How did they even get my current address and my old address? I am sick of dealing with this company so stop sending me bills for books that I didn't buy from your company.

Get your *** together because someone is not doing their job very well. Sending false information to people and credit check is bad because oof it.

Review about: Books.

Schaumburg, Illinois, United States #623591

This company has been doing the same thing to me. Claiming that books were sent to an address under my name two years before I even lived there. :sigh

Rjm Acquisitions - Keep sending me someone elses mail...

Bossier City, Louisiana 0 comments

I have recently been getting a lots of letters for a Cammie Jewett. i do not know of this person and i am requesting that you please stop and do not send any more mail to this address.i am elderly and do not have time for this junk mail.i am 67 years old , why are the keep doing this to me it is upsetting...not only that the person is in cincinnati ohio... i live in Louisiana....I tryed everything to stop this mail....it has been years according to the mail...the person is probably dead....Leave Me the *** alone....

Madison

Review about: Debt Letter.

RJM Acquisitions

San Francisco, California 1 comment

This pack of lowlife bottom feeding cretins sent me a letter about a debt that was paid in full over 20 years ago. They're lying, thieving ***. I know better than to respond, at least, and I am contacting the Attorney General's office for their state.

This pack of filth just pissed off the wrong consumer.

Never respond to these animals. They are not legitimate, you owe them nothing. They are violating a ton of laws by contacting me about a paid debt this many years later.

It's high time people take a stand against these kind of creeps.

Comments

It is surprising how many people fall for their pitch and send them money that cannot really be collected. Too bad.

Rjm Acquisitions - Rjm sent me a letter

Arkansas City, Kansas 0 comments

ThisI Received a Letter of collections from 1997 ain't that something, and they said i made a purchase of some bubble bath and i'm a man for 153.72. so i called and they said did i ever live in the state they claimed the bill was from i'm telling the the bbb on these ***. this kind of stuff needs to stop, i am so sad that they might think people can be so foolish to let them take from us and get away with it and the goverement of america lets them do it, they can track everyday people but not the scam lol

RJM Acquisitions LLC

Rogersville, Alabama 5 comments

I just received a letter in the mail from this company that I have never heard of RJM saying that I owe them 8,061.29. First thing is where did they get my address from, second they used my maiden name which I haven't used in over 8 going on 9 years plus it said that the account was open back in 1996 and they bought it in January of 2005.

Either way you look at the letter if you dispute it is still saying that it is your debt.

How is this. I don't understand and will someone help me to understand what I need to do about this letter that doesn't make any since to me.

Comments

Wow, really how could you send me a bill saying I owe bank of america $753.00 when I never had an account with the bank....UGH people....

Debt buyers buy old debts. Fingerhut is a catalogue company, so as you know, many people try to "scam" them.

They might misspell their name or put a wrong phone number, etc. That information gets sent to the debt collector.

Disputing a debt doesn't mean you admit it. It's within your rights, and the debt collector has to stop collection efforts until they can prove you owe it.

Ha! I just got one such bill today.

This RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC sent me a bill today and asked me to pay a balance due $914.70. This letter claimed that they have purchased my account from a company called Fingerhut back to 2002, and I purchased a DVD player from this Fingerhut back to 19998 for $914.70. The letter shows my address during 1998 in another state, and they also mis-spelled my first name with a wrong middle initial. I think this RJM made up this story, or they just tried to use some public information to find the best name or address matchese, and they thought I am the one should pay for this.

After I googled, I found many people had same complains, and I just found my State Consummer Protection Office, and I will give them a call tomorrow. I lived in my current state over 30 years, all my tax records can show that I have never lived in that wrong addres that RJM claimed. I also never used that wrong spelling as my name. BTW, the Fingerht account number they shows as 11-digit number, but I found a such company called Fingerhut, and their website shows the member account number is 10-digits.

I think RJM made up the whole story, and just target someone to try to collect easy money. Oh, my local CBS radio program also has a consummer protection program, this will be a wonderful case for them to announced it through radio.

I'm not sure what it is you don't understand. Where did they get your address?

Are you under the impression someone's address is hard to find? Second, they used your maiden name because obviously that was the name used on whatever account they're trying to collect. You don't seem to be saying it's NOT your debt, so you can either work out a payment arrangement or ignore it, but your debts don't magically go away no matter how old.

The only thing they probably can't do is sue you because the statue of limitations on legal action has probably expired. Debt collectors buy up old debt that the original creditors have been unable to collect, this is what they did and are now trying to collect from you.

to sessa #653393

So just ignore them. They'll go away because they cannot sue you.

View more comments

Rjm Acquisitions - Unwanted mail

Renton, Washington 1 comment

I just recieved a letter from RJM for some one that do not live at my address!

I will advise RJM, DO NOT SENT ANY MAIL OR ANY INFORMATION TO THIS ADRESS THAT IS NOT IN RECEIPT OF ANY DEBT THAT IS IN THE NAME OF MY WIFE OR ME!!

BE AVISED THAT WE WILL AND SHALL DEEM THIS AS HARASSEMNT AND A LEGAL ACTION WILL AND SHALL BE FILED HERE IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON KING COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT!

WE WILL NOT TRANSFER AND OR PASS ON ANY INFORMATION TO ANY ONE THAT YOU OR ANY OF YOUR AGENTS/ AGENCIES IS TRYING TO LOCATE OR GATHER INFORMATION ON! SO PLEASE DO NOT SENT ANY MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS THAT IS NOT INTENTED FOR ANY ONE OF THIS HOUSE HOLD. tHANK YOU.

Review about: Unknown.

Comments

Next time you get a letter for someone else, you can use a sharpie marker, block out the name, address, zip code and the bar code to the "to" field. Then mark on it "return to sender"

Rjm Acquisitions - Clearing a debt

Houston, Texas 0 comments

i read a bunch of negitive reports on this website , and like everyone else i was leery of calling, except i knew i had this debt. I owed 78.00 to a book club.

I called and a nice man asked how much would i like to settle, yes he gave me an option. So i said 50.00. And i will be payimg 25x2 and he said it will be showd as paid so im improving my credit. Not sure what everybodys problem is, but yes i would find out if you owe this debt first.

I dont think it has anything to do with them someone sends them this stuff to send you a bill. I would contact the people who are claiming you owe first before you call them

Review about: Rjm Con Reviews.

Rjm Acquisitions - RJM, not so bad

Washington, District Of Columbia 4 comments

i have been reading some of these comments by a lot of folks and to be honest with you i was scared to call RJM. i called the n umber that was provided by on of the bloggers 800-541-0824 and the phone was asnswered by one Michelle Gaffner at ext 2042.

my situation was similar to many of you. i had an old account with Compass Bank that i closed in 2005. RJM at in 2006 purchased said account and began to try an dcollect from me. my situation gets a little more complicated due to the fact that i'm trying to close on my house by next month.

i was told by the rep that owed $250 but could give me a 70% discount and ashe would be able to give me aletter showing that this account had been satisfied. because of the ime issue and only because of it i accepted the terms and told her i would pay. i then asked her how i could later dispute this at a later time and she told me i could not. i mentioned how unfair it was that i had to pay for something that i was not responsible for but because of my unique circumstances i had no choice.

To my surprise Michelle offered me to place a dispute on the account, it would then be closed and marked as settled and i would not have to pay anything. i told her that i would like to do that and if she could send me a letter stating that it had been disputed and dismissed, she said they don't have a letter saying that. but if i paid , she wouldd send me a receipt shwoing paid in full. Remember i'm closing on a house by the end of this month.

this would not give me enough time to wait for that to clear credit report and close on time. so i offered her $50 on this account and she accepted.

i hope my story helps out some folks. just dispute it with RJM and they may just dismiss, with account satified.

good luck.

Comments

Keep in mind: anyone can post anything on the internet. Just because someone posts something positive doesn't mean it's from the collection agency.

First off, when it's on your credit report and you have weeks to get your loan you will do ANYTHING to meet the requirements, and many consumers who are disputing will end up paying it to make it go away.

@Leanne: anyone can post anything bad on the internet. I can look up any company and find something negative.

Also, if you are disputing you can send the debt collection a letter via certified mail receipt requested:

I dispute this debt. Please validate. All calls are inconvenient to any telephone number.

Oh, look, it's someone who works for RJM!

Because I paid RJM On a settlement and they sold my debt to Jefferson capital.

Yeah, right. Assuming I believe your little tale, which I don't because I am not ***, you're foolish. You only think it's over.

View more comments

Rjm acquisitions attempted to collect from forged document

Crestview, Florida 0 comments

hariet taylor forged her mothers name on a ducument at wachovia bank then overdrawed said account and leaving a trail for authorities to go after her mother while hariet gets away with it. Her mother, sara edwards asures me she knew nothing of the account untill she recieved a written demand from rjm aquisitions.

now, we will all see if rjm is honorable or just a bunch of scimmers leaching innocents hard earned money. minimum word count shdfk snhsdh cfbedy cfofri xkjsh sjdh jdjedj dd ef ef erg ef egf ef ef ef e e ef e d g eg e

Rjm Acquisitions - I owe 5000.00 for a crown visa never had one

Wichita, Kansas 2 comments

I two am being harrassed by these jerks 5000.00 for a crown bank visa account never had one before go figure. i was looking up this rjm people to see what this was and ran across all these people being harrassed by them this is so wrong i have always paid my bills this is bull the only outstanding bills i have ever had was dr.

bills that i do pay on i always give them something . we all need to sue these jerks put them down for good lets all get a potition going and take to a lawyer thank you concerned

Review about: Crown Visa.

Comments

Send them a dispute letter:

I dispute this debt. Please validate. All verbal communication is inconvenient, please do not call any number associated with me, and only send communication in writing.

Send it via certified mail receipt requested.

#419622

I recently recieved a 1099c for an apparent debt which i do not owe what do i do